Every day is earth day, but the official 39th annual Earth Day is coming soon on Wednesday April 22nd, 2009. The Burke Museum challenges you to do one green thing and make it part of your daily life.
There are many fabulous happenings all over town this weekend as well as on the day proper. You can get out and active with a work party in the Arboretum and Climate Day for Kids at the Olympic Sculpture Park. Or, enrich yourself sedentarily with all-day environmental programming on UWTV.
On the UW campus, the Earth Day Melange is on Wednesday the 22nd. The UW Green Coalition, a network of environmental student groups at the UW, is organizing the main celebration on campus.
- 10am-2pm – Fair on the Hub Lawn: Free food, music, booths, green art gallery, electric car.
- 10am-2pm – Electric Car Show in Red Square: Display provided by Seattle Electric Vehicle Association.
- 3-5pm – Social at the Waterfront Activities Center: Connect with fellow environmentally-minded people and enjoy free food.
- 6pm – Guest Speaker & Film in Odegaard 220: Jerry Heinlen CEO of Yakima Products, Inc., followed by a screening of The 11th Hour.
- via Grist magazine: http://www.grist.org/article/2009-03-15-celebrate-earth-week-seattle/
- via WA Dept of Ecology: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/earthday/2009events.htm
- via Earth Share: http://www.esw.org/event/2009/04/18/day/all/all/1
Happy Earth Everybody!